Saturday, February 4, 2012

Working...

Lately I've been trying to get my healing practice up and running.  I'm working with a partner, and we're ironing out our own style, a bit different than our mentor (we had the same training).  Just as my practitioner certification exam happened in early January, we had a colleague help us out with an extraordinary case... one in which we had really amazing results.  That has led to lots of local people hearing about us and what we do... and we've been very busy.  It's fantastic, and joyous, and wonderful... and exhausting! 

In my spare time (snort) I've been participating in a really great group of women at SouLodge.  Our first craft project was making a fabulous feather wand that I wanted to share with you...


It's made from some turkey feathers that I found a year or more ago near my mom's house.  I'd kept them for who-knows-what-reason... until the feather wand project came up!  It was extremely easy (mine is very simple... with no embellishments)... and very meaningful.  I meditated on what wild turkey means to me.  Wild turkey (to me... I didn't look up much about more typical understandings of the bird) embodies steadfastness, being dependable, of understated or unacknowledged value, loyal, social, compassionate, living with ease in groups, protective, intelligent, peaceful, grounded, and practical.  It seemed to fit me, and I REALLY like the wand.  I use it to feel mindful about shedding energy that isn't mine, and to consciously bring in the energy I want.

I'm not much for tools these days... I've done a lot more of my work in my spiritual body lately.  I've not been practicing so much with elaborate ritual set-ups and such.  I've done much more in the way of prayer and meditation and mindfulness.  It fits me to work this way... though it's hard when I lose my reference points to remember how far I've come.  Tools feeling old and comfortable sometimes are tangible reminders of how much work has been done... and while the inner workings are the ones that matter... they're hard to track down when you want some evidence!  :)

Not sure where I was going with that... rambling really... so I'll stop there.  How do you feel about your spiritual tools?  Are they old friends, or have you shed them focusing on inner work?

1 comment: