Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer Solstice!

I know that solstice started yesterday at sundown... but between one of my kids having a birthday on Saturday, and a family BBQ on Father's Day... I'm just running a bit behind.

So far I've spent the day making jam and baking bread... (sorry, not a great picture, but my kitchen has horrible mid-day light)...


And bringing in some flowers from outside for the table...


I also collected some nasturtium seeds and some sweet pea seeds from my spring plants that are starting to die back. I've got a bunch... so if you want any just let me know! I'd be happy to send them out to anyone who send me an email address... hel-lo-lo-lo! :)

For dinner tonight we're going to eat outside. We're having salad greens with strawberries, sprouts, and chicken... with the bread I made earlier (I really think they are beautiful little sun orbs if-I-do-say-so-myself). I hope that we'll be able to have a fire tonight in the fire pit in our yard. I don't have a lot planned in the way of ritual, just writing a few things on paper that I'm ready to release and letting them go into the fire. My rituals lately tend to be very informal and impromptu.

Happy Solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment