Thursday, November 11, 2010

Setting an intention

Awhile back I posted about a book I was reading called "Behaving as if the God in all life mattered" by Machaelle Small Wright. It is about a woman who conferred with nature about building her garden, and in the process she learned amazing things about the connection between nature and humans. It's an easy and fascinating read. This is a picture of the Perelandra garden I borrowed from their website:

Anyway, in that post I suggested that I was going to try this out. Now, I don't have a giant property like she did... and so I won't be making any big garden... in fact, I'm thinking I'm going to take this kinda slow. I have three 4x4 garden boxes that I am going to turn over to this co-creative process with the nature spirits (or devas - which are not exactly the same... but keep in mind that I'm starting at the beginning here). Here are two of my garden boxes... although this picture was taken while we were putting them in... right now they're full of half-dead tomato plants...

I think I'm going to use my blog as my garden journal... and hope that you all don't think I've seriously gone off the deep end. What makes me think these spirits will talk to me? Well, because we had a chat about this yesterday:

My apple trees are flowering at the same time that they're trying to go dormant. We've had a very warm autumn, and so the trees are understandably confused. Yesterday I went out and connected with the deva of apple trees (I actually did this for each of my different fruit trees... apple, pluot, and pear)... and we "talked" about different ways to predict the coming of winter. We settled on hours of light rather than temperature as a good way to do this in my yard... as temperature seems a little unreliable. I'll let you know how this turns out. These are young trees, I just planted them bare root 2 years ago... but I'm going to have to move them as we do work on our house starting in January. I need them to be dormant in the next 4-6 weeks so that I can have them dug up and moved with a minimum of disturbance. Like I said, I'll let you know how this pans out.

I will say that "talking" to the devas of the plants involves muscle testing. It's also something you could do with a pendulum, although I personally find them to be a bit slow and cumbersome. I prefer muscle testing... which I'm familiar with from my energy healing training. Anyway, if you're interested in muscle testing you can do it too... just google "how to muscle test" and you'll get several different ways to go about it. This gives me the ability to get yes/no answers (and intuit many things in between once you're connected) from the devas. It took a few months to really learn it well, but once it's a skill you have it's totally invaluable!

Anyway... look for more of these gardening posts through the winter as I spend time preparing the beds and making plans with the nature spirits in my yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment