Monday, March 7, 2011

Makin' a Mess...

I've kept at this creative thing (inspired by Kickertwist's Pixie Hill blog)... despite being completely flummoxed by it on more than one occasion...

It's beyond me how I can be bested by a little wooden board and some tiny pieces of paper... but it's taken me a full week to get here... and it's still not done...

Much of this was actually done this morning. I enjoyed the background painting process... and this is what I have to show for THAT fun...

And I have some plain wooden 1 inch x 1 inch blocks that I intend to do something with... I have a divination project in mind for these... we'll see how it turns out...

I also discovered that I have some dried flowers from eons ago... and check out the FOUR LEAF CLOVER!!! How could anyone have one of those and not know it??? SCORE!

So... I'm still on the art thing... trying to let my creativity out and let myself do some unstructured play... I've been so good at the logic/list/learn thing for so long... this really does feel good... although sometimes I have to remind myself to just commit... it almost doesn't matter how it turns out... I just have to FINISH something! This will hopefully balance my "doer" mentality that makes my life feel so frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment